Our firm, INTERMEDIA GROUP, a large US Based Retained Staffing Agency, has been asked by our client to aid in filling the below listed requirement.
JOB TITLE: Associate - Treasury & Derivative (Interest Rate Derivatives) Operations Department
JOB LOCATION: Jersey City. NJ
EMPLOYMENT TYPE – Full Time salaried employee with this Fortune 100 Financial Client
NOTE – Interviews will begin the week of August 13th
Overall Purpose of Job:
In this capacity, the Associate is required to possess the following skills and abilities:
· Manage the daily process of confirming, tracing and reporting of Derivative (INTEREST RATE DERIVATIVES) and Treasury (Money Market and Foreign Exchange) transactions.
· Oversee the daily reconciliation and reporting functions of the Control Section.
· Strong interpersonal and communicative skills.
· Effectively time manage multiple priorities.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word, and fundamental knowledge of MS Access desirable.
· Sound analytical skills necessary for reviewing documentation and reconciliations.
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of the ISDA Rate and FX definitions, matrices and regulations.
· Solid understanding of Derivative (INTEREST RATE DERIVATIVES) products, and familiarity with MarkitWire and DTCC Markit/SERV trade matching platforms.
· Possess the necessary writing skills required for preparing trade confirmations language, as needed.
· Primary liaison with Legal, Customer, Front and Operations on critical issues.
· Acquire and sustain a firm understanding of the Derivative processing systems and ancillary applications.
· Identify operational irregularities and implement measures to minimize risk.
· Assist with User Acceptance Testing.
· Learn and develop knowledge of Global PAYplus payment system.
No. of direct subordinates: 2
No. of indirect subordinates: 5
Workflow Management: Oversee the Unit’s day to day operational workflow ensuring that all required processing functions are completed within prescribed time frames and are in accordance with established departmental procedures.
Reconciliation & Reporting: Ensure all reconciliation events occur and are properly documented. Ensure reports are accurate before sending to the respective departments.
Payments: oversee the daily payment process for derivative transactions - ensuring that all payments have been dispatched, and that manually generated payments are processed according to market standards.
Performance & Personnel Management: performance reviews, managing staff expectations, oversight of training and development, and conducting staff meetings
· 7+ years of Derivative (INTEREST RATE DERIVATIVES) documentation experience for Rate and FX products
· 2+ years of Derivative documentation experience preferred
· Strong knowledge of Rate and Foreign Exchange derivative products.
· Experience with SWIFT MT300, MT320, MT305 desirable
· College degree and/or a minimum of 5 years managing staff within a banking/investment banking environment.
If you are interested and qualified for the above position, please respond with the following:
- Full MS WORD Resume
- Current and required compensation
- Current contact information
- Availability to start a new opportunity in either Jersey City, NJ
Upon receipt of your resume, one of our Recruiting Managers will contact you to discuss the position in full detail.