Intermedia Group has the following open position with one of our clients:
JOB TITLE: Manager Finance, Planning & Analysis
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
EMPLOYER: Corporate Headquarters of a large (270 store) Retail Chain
LOCATION: Staten Island, New York **NOTE THAT THEY WILL BE PERMANENTLY MOVING THE OFFICE TO MATAWAN NJ in Jan. 2020
***candidate will require a car to commute to work while the role is in S.I. (until Jan) then there is a NJ Transit train or Academy bus that gets to Matawan after January
- The FP&A Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of Financial Planning & Analysis including summarizing and interpreting financial data for the organization and preparing and presenting periodic reports including financial statements, budgets and reforecasts, gross margin and profit by department.
- He/she is also responsible for implementing and evaluating effective internal controls.
- He/she will develop and maintain relationships with members & audit/tax partners, assist on strategic projects, and will supervise theentire FP&A Function.
- Prepares annual budgets and periodic reforecasts for all operating divisions
- Works with department managers to obtain and understand income and expense drivers
- Prepares periodic financial statements and executive analysis, comparing actual to PY and forecast
- Prepares monthly executive summary and quarterly board reports
- Prepares cost center statements and EOP gross margin/run rate reconciliations. Meets with department heads and merchandisers to present, and explain trends & variances
- Oversees, assists, and participates in year-end audit by external accounting firm; develops close relationships with external auditors, tax consultants, and other professional service firms
- Prepares and/or reviews account analyses and reconciliations tied to General Ledger
- Prepares and posts all reporting reclass entries
- Prepares quarterly bank covenant compliance calculation
- Work with entire finance team & operations departments to develop models which evaluate deals, acquisitions, divestitures
- Work with HR to manage and track annual bonus targets and performance
- Develops strong working relationships with current and prospective members.
- Assists Finance and Company management with all strategic planning, development of target store proforma financial statements, and pursuit of possible large scale acquisitions
- Communicate proactively with Director of Finance and the Executive Management Team regarding significant changes/events that might materially affect the financial and cash position of the Company.
- Ensure optimal staffing (training, hire, terminate, promote, reassign) for the FP & A department. Mentor, coach and counsel staff. Set goals and objectives, measure performance, report to executive management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 7- 10 years’ experience in FP&A
- Strong analytical, modeling and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient with Excel and Power Point
- SAP background preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Highly accurate
- Must be a team player
- Ability to multitask in a high paced and high volume environment
- Experience producing, presenting and explaining Financial results and position to functional heads
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please respond back and include the following:
- MS WORD Resume
- Required compensation
- Contact information
Upon receipt, one of our managers will contact you to discuss the position in full detail.
Intermedia Group, Inc
Mervin Hernandez | Recruiter
Intermedia Group Inc. | New York, NY
Main: (212) 248-0100