Intermedia Group has an opening for the following Consultant:
TITLE: Oracle DBA w/RAC
LOCATION: New York, NY
DURATION: initially 8 months
In spring 2020, Client's existing contract for hosted services will expire. This will require Client to replicate and rebuild the infrastructure for the application on premises. A particular skillset required to perform and assist with a component of this infrastructure installation falls under the skillset of an Oracle Database Administrator. New instances will need to be built to replicate the current architecture housed off premises as well as support Client's effort to build instances to support the PeopleSoft 9.2 upgrade over the coming months.
- Hands-on administration of Oracle’s RAC (Real Application Cluster), Recovery Manager, Data Guard, Data Redaction, Database Vault, Data Pump, SQL*Loader, and other database features and utilities, via Enterprise Manager or command line.
- Proactively monitor database performance, adjusting settings as necessary. When requested, assist in improving query performance.
- Integrating DBMS(s) and data with existing application software, web sites, portals, storage devices or business applications as well as assisting and testing Disaster Recovery (DR) and Continuity of Operations Plans (COOP). Recovering from database failures using certified recovery utilities.
- When necessary, recover an entire DB using RMan or Flashback, or a DB component (like a table) using Flashback, Data Pump, or TSPiTR.
- Creation and administration of Oracle 18/19c databases running in physical or virtual (VMware) environments on RHEL/OEL, in standalone or clustered (RAC) configurations.
- Remotely administering database instances using secure shell (SSH), KVM over Internet Protocol (IP) and other remote access tools.
- 7 years minimum professional experience, 5 years as an Oracle DBA
- Ability to build and maintain an Oracle ASM clustered filesystem, and a working knowledge of LUNs, RAID
- Maintain DBs at the current patch level, and be prepared to engage Oracle Support (via MOS) to resolve one-off error or performance issues.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft Administrators on a PeopleSoft installation and/or upgrade project is a plus
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please respond back and include the following:
• Full MS WORD Resume
• Required compensation
• Contact information
Upon receipt, one of our managers will contact you to discuss in full
Intermedia Group, Inc.