Intermedia Group, a large US based executive search firm has the following open position with one of our clients. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE IS FOR THE US AIR FORCE, ON SITE AT WRIGHT PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE in Ohio. Relocation $$$ is available for non-locals
Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
***Relocation $$$ Available
COMPENSATION: base salaries to $130,000
exceptional benefits, including Medical/Dental/Vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) and semi-monthly direct deposit.
- Provide correction for visual conditions in the form of spectacles and/or soft and rigid contact lenses as needed.
- Additional clinical responsibilities for this position include:
- Interpretation of imaging equipment (e.g. corneal topography, Orbscan, Pentacam, Optical Coherent Tomography (OCT), Heidelberg Retinal Tomography (HRT), wavefront analysis and automated visual field)
- Interpretation of color vision testing (Cone Contract Test (CCT), Colour Assessment and Diagnosis (CAD), Computerized Color Vision Test (CCVT), Ishihara, and anomaloscope),
- Providing optometric care for ACS patients and performing flight physicals.
- Thorough knowledge of USAF vision standards and waiver policy.
- Support the USAF educational mission by providing lectures at flight surgeon and optometry courses. Topics to be addressed may include:
- USAF Corneal Refractive Surgery (CRS) Program
- USAF Aeromedical Policy on Spectacle and Contact Lenses for Aircrew
- Ocular Anatomy and Physiology
- Contrast Sensitivity and Visual Perception
- Motilities and Stereopsis
- Maintain the USAF Refractive Surgery website, including developing and posting of tools, forms and information as needed.
- Support the online CRS course by working with USAF educational staff to develop, modify and maintain course content
- Support branch research projects as requested, including data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Support the Flying Class I / Medical Flight Screening branch by performing flight physicals when requested.
- Current Doctor of Optometry licensed in at least one U.S. state
- Experience working in a military facility is highly desired
- Capable of examining the internal and external structure of the eyes to diagnose eye diseases and vision conditions such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, and presbyopia.
- Minimum of three years' of clinical experience
- Maintain permanent, full and unrestricted state license to practice medicine, and
- Meet credentialing/accreditation requirements of the Wright-Patterson AFB Medical Group, AAAHC, JCAHO, MAJCOM HQ, and HQ USAF
- Working knowledge of electronic databases and applications needed to properly review and document aeromedical ophthalmology cases. These include:
- Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA)
- Aeromedical Information Management Waiver Tracking System (AIMWTS)
- Physical Exam Processing Program (PEPP)
- Patient Status Worksheet (PSW)
- Basic computer skills and be able to work with internal computer programs to support Aeromedical Ophthalmology, Medical Flight Screening, and Flying Class I eye evaluations and be able to enter and extract data
- Must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship
- Must be able to pass a background screening
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please respond back and include the following:
·MS WORD Resume
Upon receipt, one of our managers will contact you to discuss the position in full detail.