Job Title: Pharmacy Technician II
SHIFT - THIS IS A NIGHT SHIFT POSITION (10PM to 8AM)
RATE RANGE ; 16-18/hour + full benefits
Location: NEAR Hartford Connecticut
· Assumes responsibility for processing all medication orders via our pharmacy system (Rescot) as well as pc based software applications (MS Word, Internet, Excel).
· Prepares and updates daily filling records. Handles problems and issues related to patients orders.
· Answers phones and communicates issues in an appropriate manner.
· Assists in the provision of pharmaceutical services under the direct supervision of the Registered Pharmacist by performing the technical, clerical and manipulative tasks involved in dispensing, preparing, and distributing all medications.
· Maintains and demonstrates knowledge in the following areas of Pharmacy practice: Calculations, Generic-trade name relationships; Contraindications; abbreviations and symbols; Maintains and demonstrates awareness of limitations of technicians.
· Assists with pharmaceutical services under direct supervision of RPh by performing technical, clerical and manipulative tasks involved in dispensing and distributing medications
· Processes all medication orders via pharmacy system.
· Files and maintains patient profiles and other Departmental records
· Performs data entry dosage calculations and labels appropriately.
· Displays self initiative in anticipating and resolving daily work issues
· Prepares and updates daily filling records
· Proficient in use of Pharmacy computer, and other departmental software, as required for position
· Willingness to work with attention to detail with the realization that errors may have serious consequences
· Performs other duties and responsibilities
· Participates in on-going education and training related to organization and department specific requirements
· Courtesy and cooperation in dealing with customers and vendors
· Maintains the confidentiality, security and integrity for the management of associate/patient information according to policy and procedure
· The staff member participates in the interdisciplinary patient teaching process
If you are interested in the above position, please send me an email and include the following:
-MS Word Resume
-Current and Required Compensation Details
-Current work status
-Current Contact Information
-Availability to start a new opportunity near Hartford Connecticut
Upon receipt of this information, one of our managers will contact you to discuss the opportunity in full, clear the client name with you, discuss $$$$ and obtain your permission to present to the client manager for consideration
INTERMEDIA GROUP, INC.
5 Hanover Square
New York, NY 10004