TITLE: Clinical Education – Nurse Educator - PeriOperative Services (Operating Room)
LOCATION: Southern New Jersey
Client: MAJOR HOSPITAL
Here are the particular qualifications for candidates for the nurse educator role in Perioperative Services.
The candidates for the nurse educator role in PeriOperative (Operating Room) Services should possess:
· CNOR certification
· Master’s prepared in nursing
· Ability to coordinate:
· Clinical entry into OR specialty area for new graduates in nursing. Participates in selection process. Includes oversight of clinical training to be a scrub and circulator, regular assessment of progress, coordinates progression from simple to complex specialties. Transitions new graduate from student role to registered nurse by holding group discussions, assigning specific writing exercises, pairing long-term mentors with the new graduates and coordinating clinical experiences throughout the patient’s continuum of care (pre-op, OR, PACU, med-surg unit).
· Collaborates with schools of nursing and training programs for surgical technicians by providing a clinical experience site, including supervision of students.
· Collaborates on the formation of specialty teams and coordinates their training.
· Sends staff to Preceptor Workshop and provides ongoing mentorship and coaching during preceptored experiences.
· Reviews documentation on an ongoing basis and provides feedback and training as needed.
· Provides input into equipment and soft goods purchases. Coordinates weekly education re: equipment.
· Is knowledgeable in recommended practices, AORN standards, TJC and state regulations.
· Exhibits logic and intuition in working with surgeons to assign students and orientees to cases. Is aware of the particular needs of various shifts and makes assignments accordingly.
- If you are interested and qualified for the above position, please respond with the following:
· Current and required compensation
· Current contact information
· Availability to start a new opportunity in New Jersey
Upon receipt of your resume, one of our Recruiting Managers will contact you to discuss the position in full detail.
INTERMEDIA GROUP, INC.
5 Hanover Square
New York, NY 10004