Intermedia Group has an opening for the following Consultant:
TITLE: Data Analyst / Data Sourcing Specialist
LOCATION: Los Angeles
DURATION: 1 year+
- The candidate will support the Risk Information & Operations Transformation (RIOT) Group to successfully execute Data Sourcing processes related to a credit risk data provisioning and reporting project. The ideal candidate will possess a mix of business and technology experience with large scale, complex data projects supporting credit risk reporting or other projects with underlying data provisioning needs. Candidate will work closely with business sponsors, business and technical SME resources, entities, project manager, project leads, IT, and as necessary other project teams across the organization.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Participate as member of Data Sourcing execution team to complete Data Sourcing based on Data Requirements documented within the bank’s project life cycle methodology through:
- Identification of data within the organization that meets the needs defined within Business and Data Requirement Documents
- Elicitation requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, etc.
- Preparation appropriate Data Sourcing documentation to communicate and validate results with Data Users and Owners
- Effectively engage the appropriate business and technology partners using language catered to the audience to drive the dialogue needed to document artifacts that can be leveraged by technology
- Act as liaison between the business units, technology teams, and support teams, under the direction of the data sourcing lead, project sponsor, and project manager
- Critically evaluate data and process requirements from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into details, abstract up from low level information to a general understanding, and
distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Direct and proven working experience with data management projects including an understanding Data Sourcing processes to support data provisioning
- Solid understanding of lending and/or credit risk exposure is a MUST
- Evaluation of business requirements to understand project objectives and scope
- Working across various entities to identify required data sources, elements, and rules
- Utilization of Data Sourcing methodology to complete tasks such engagement with business and technical subject matter experts, review of documentation, data mapping, data gap analysis and remediation, etc.
- Ability to profile data using SQL within systems to ensure data identified meets intended requirements
- Understanding of metadata management principles within data management
- Manage facilitation of Data Sourcing working sessions with business users, data owners, and related subject matter experts
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, Toad
- 5+ years of financial industry experience
- 5+ years of data related projects / Data Sourcing experience
- Experience working in dual hat roles between business and technology
- Experience with Data Warehousing preferred
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please respond back and include the following
- Full MS WORD Resume
- Current and required compensation
- Current contact information
Upon receipt, one of our managers will contact you to discuss in full
INTERMEDIA GROUP, INC.
180 Varick Street
New York, NY 10014
Corporate Web Site: www.intermediagroup.com
OPEN JOB LIST: http://intermediagroup.com/jobs