Our firm, Intermedia Group, Inc (specifically our healthcare and hospitals division) has been retained by a leading health care organization to fill the below listed position. If you or anyone you know may be interested in such an opportunity, please do let me know.
JOB TITLE: SURGICAL FIRST ASSIST - Cardiothoracic Physician Assistant (PA) – HEART TRANSPLANT – OPEN HEART SURGERY – ELVADS
LOCATION: New Jersey
RELOCATION: YES RELOCATION WILL BE PROVIDED FOR EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES
JOB TYPE: Full time salaried w full benefits
SHIFT: DAY - They work 4 10-hr shifts and rotate who is on beeper call for OR emergencies and weekends.
· The FIRST ASSIST Physician Assistant (PA) will provide direct patient care under the supervision of the attending physician in cardiothoracic surgery.
· Our client, a world renown hospital does a tremendous volume of sophisticated Heart (and Chest) surgeries across these two locations. Their approximate annual volumes are as follows:
· ...1100 Open Heart Surgeries
· ...34 ELVADS (External left ventricular assist device for treatment of congestive heart failure)
· ...20 Lung Transplants
· ...55 Heart Transplants (making them one of the top 3 in the country)
· Unlike most heart hospitals, where the 1st Assist is usually another Heart Surgeon, this hospital uses their PA's as their 1st Assist (a real step up for a PA). Thus, the person they want to hire must actually have experience serving as a 1st Assist
· He or she should be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care that is appropriate to the varied patient population in the O.R., cardiac intensive care unit, as well as other areas of the hospital where cardiothoracic surgery services may be required. In addition, must demonstrate the ability to positively interact with medical\nursing staff and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
· A Cardiothoracic PA with 6 or more years of experience, at least 4 of which were in the OR
· 80% of this position will be in OR (covering 2 facilities)
· Good experience serving as the 1st Assist to the Heart Surgeon (doesn't have to be for all of the OR years)
· The physician assistant must be a graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program, have completed the New Jersey State requirements for registration as a Physician Assistant or the State of New Jersey License must be in good standing, and be National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) eligible/certified. (NJ License requirement will be waived for non-local candidates interested in relocation)
· In addition, the PA must be Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certified.
· Someone experienced in working heavily in the O.R. and in the ICU, both pre and post op.
· The P.A will be assigned to two high profile surgeons who perform Open Heart Surgeries, Transplants, etc.
· The individual will be spending 80% of his or her time in the OR with the remaining time in the ICU, following patients both pre and post op.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, Please respond back and include the following:
> Full MS WORD Resume
> Current and required compensation
> Current contact information
> Availability to start a new position in Newark New Jersey
Upon receipt, one of our Managers will contact you to discuss the position in full detail.
INTERMEDIA GROUP, INC.