Our firm, INTERMEDIA GROUP, a large US based staffing firm has been retained by our client, a large New Jersey based Hospital Chain to aid in filling the below listed position in MONMOUTH COUNTY, New Jersey.
***PLEASE NOTE*** these are on site positions (the hospital will entertain providing relocation packages for candidates not local to NJ). There is no current opportunity for remote coding, for now, candidates must work on site in NJ.
JOB TITLE: Coding Manager/Data Manager
REPORTS TO: Director
DEPARTMENT NAME: Health Information Management
LOCATION: MONMOUTH, New Jersey (exit 105 off the GSP, within walking distance to Long Branch / Jersey Beaches)
SUMMARY OF JOB FUNCTION:
· Organizes, directs and evaluates data collection activities for multiple purposes including uniform billing and discharge abstracting.
· Codes record utilizing acceptable coding practice and current classification system.
· Is responsible for reporting identified safety issues such as hazardous environments (i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and medical errors, etc.
Required Education / Training / Certification / Licensure:
· BA/BS Degree in Medical Records Sciences. (RHIT, RHIA), or CCS required
· Minimum of 5-7 years acute care inpatient/outpatient coding experience.
· Must have a minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience.
· Responsible for direct supervision of all HIM coding staff and data entry clerk. Organizes workflow and conducts daily quality control activities with regard to coding, abstracting, and DRG assignment activities
· Codes patient record utilizing acceptable coding practices and current classification system. Accurately enters coded and abstracted data. Assures records are coded within 4 days of discharge. Codes, abstracts records with 98% accuracy.
· Coordinates and responds to all DRG challenges within required timeframe and implements a tracking mechanism to monitor changes.
· Monitors financial reports for outstanding accounts and follows up with action as appropriate.
· Researches, develops and implements coding guidelines.
· Performs quality review of data at least quarterly to evaluate accuracy. Prepares productivity/status reports for Assistant Director.
· Identifies, plans, and conducts inservice education programs for the coding staff at least quarterly.
· Monitors outstanding physician queries and identifies opportunities to reduce the number outstanding.
· Serves as a resource to outpatient areas for ICD-9-CM and CPT coding conducting inservice education as needed.
· Updates superbill sheets for outpatient areas whenever codes are modified.
· Serves as a member of the Medical Record committee, Department QIT, Registration Council, and Finance Charge Committee as needed.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, Please respond back and include the following:
> Full MS WORD Resume
> Current and required compensation
> Current contact information
> Availability to start a new position in Monmouth County, New Jersey
Upon receipt of this information, one of our managers will contact you to discuss the opportunity in full, clear the client name with you, discuss $$$$ and obtain your permission to present to the client manager for consideration
INTERMEDIA GROUP, INC.
Healthcare and Hospitals Staffing Division
5 Hanover Square
New York, NY 10004