Intermedia Group has been asked by our client for assistance filling the following requirement:
Title: Senior Specialist
Remittance Clearing & Settlement Services
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Type: Full time employment
Responsible for assisting the Supervisor and the Unit Manager in the daily operations, of the Remittance Clearing & Settlement Services Section. In this role, expected to (a) Process incoming and outbound payments on behalf of New York Branch and Corporate accounts; (b) Assist in providing proper payment instructions for payment exceptions requiring investigation; (c) Assist with our Position Desk functions providing GMDA with the confirmation of all trades and ensuring all transactions are processed accurately.
Provide Backup in a Senior Specialist capacity
- Perform incoming repair on GPP for New York Branch and Chicago Branch payments. Ensuring that all information is properly transcribed to the respective fields in accordance with Department’s procedures.
- Perform outgoing payment entry/repair on GPP for New York Branch, Chicago Branch and Corporate accounts in the MTD Outbound queues. Ensuring that all of the customers' instructions are properly transcribed to the corresponding payment system (i.e. FED Wire or CHIPS)
- Perform incoming payment verification on GPP for New York Branch and Chicago Branch a) Ensuring that all information is properly transcribed to the respective fields, and b) Identifying and resolving processing errors in accordance with the Department’s procedures.
- Perform outgoing payment verification on GPP for New York Branch, Chicago Branch and Corporate accounts in the MTD Outbound queue a) Ensuring required customer information is properly transcribed into corresponding system fields, and b) Identifying and resolving processing errors in accordance with the Department’s procedures.
- Provide backup for End-of-Day (EOD) proof documentation, Advise section Manager of any identified differences.
- Provide backup in verifying the Defense Finance and Accounting Service ensuring that the funds are received before sending a MT103 to the Head Office then send a PDF file with all the correct forms included.
- Provide backup for FED closing – Ensuring that all transactions for the day has been completed, ensure all company accounts at the FRB is in proof, all WIP accounts are in proof before informing EDPO that MTD has concluded processing for the day.
- Provide assistance in preparing the Daylight Overdraft Monitoring Report, providing management with: (a) daily negative peak for all Branch accounts; (b) a two week average and the associated fees for the identified settlement period and (c) provide a graph on a twelve month rotating calendar basis, identifying (1) the OD peaks for each settlement period, (2) highest OD fees for the same time.
- Provide assistance in providing CMDA with the New York Account Reconciliation Summary report, ensuring (a) accounts opening balances corresponds with the respective closing balance. (b) Advise Section Manager of any discrepancies.
- 3 to 5 years experience and knowledge of Money Transfer operations.
- Understand and apply CHIPS, FED Wire, and OFAC rules and regulations
- Effectively time manage multiple job duties.
- Demonstrate proficiency in selected PC applications.
- Maintain a fundamental understanding of SWIFT, CHIPS, and FED Wire processing.
- Possess a practical understanding of BESS, Systematics applications
- High school diploma
- Understand and apply CHIPS, Fedwire, and OFAC rules and regulations.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of CHIPS, Fedwire and SWIFT
- General understanding of OFAC
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please respond back and include the following:
• Full MS WORD Resume
• Current and required compensation
• Current contact information
Upon receipt, one of our managers will contact you to discuss the position in full detail.