Intermedia Group has the following staff opening:
JOB TITLE: Senior Legislative Analyst, (AQE Congressional, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Acquisition )
CUSTOMER: US AIR FORCE
**This position is currently telework eligible part time only due to COVID. Working on-site 2 days per week at this time. When the Pentagon re-opens fully, this position will be 100% onsite.
The Senior Legislative Analyst
candidate will work for SAF/AQ Congressional, under AQE (Office of the Assistant Secretary for Acquisition (Executive Action Group)). AQE-Congressional serves as the SAF/AQ focal point for congressional interface activities for the SAE and weapon system acquisition programs, produces written testimony for the SAF/AQ, and is responsible for all hearing preparation materials.
Tasks for this position include:
Active Secret Clearance
- Continuously monitoring and assessing the Congressional climate and mood related to Air Force acquisition and acquisition programs of client interest.
- Identifying, researching, tracking, analyzing and reporting on Congressional issues, activities, reports, and laws that impact or may impact Air Force acquisition or specific acquisition programs.
- Producing summaries and reports covering all Air Force acquisition, acquisition capability areas (including AF Science and Technology (S&T), and Air Force acquisition specialty capability areas), and individual acquisition programs.
- Monitoring, researching, and reporting on key issues pertaining to Authorization and Appropriations processes.
- Researching and analyzing Congressional inquiries/inserts/appeals, testimony, Posture Hearing Issues Papers (PHIPs), Budget Program Fact Papers (BPFPs), Heartburn Appeals, Major Budget Issues, and DOD(IG), Congressional Budget Office (CBO), and Government Accountability Office (GAO) reports.
- Reviewing and providing data to assist in the preparation for legislative hearings, testimony, program documentation, briefing packages and read-aheads Congressional staffer visits, formal Questions for Record (QFRs), and other events to ensure an integrated and consistent Air Force position in response to Congressional questions, issues, and requests for information.
- Researching Congressional transcripts, press releases, public events, documents, and information.
- Providing summaries, analysis and reviews of such transcripts, hearings, events, and Congressional activities.
- Providing educational training and materials on the budget enactment process including staffer days and the congressional process.
- Maintaining a legislative database. This database must include funding and language information by committee for Air Force acquisition programs throughout the “mark” process to final passage, legislation to include defense bills and reports, information on key congressional personnel to include their biographical histories and their interest areas, biographical information on key staff, and transcripts on Air Force acquisition-related hearings with member and respondent hearing quotes referenced to programs.
- Developing methods for gathering information to populate and maintain databases.
- Researching and tracking Congressional reporting requirements as they are developed by Congress.
- Develop and maintain a library of Congressional legislation covering acquisition programs of client interest.
- Any other tasks closely associated with the performance of duties list above and as coordinated with the COR.
Master’s degree in any discipline.
10 years of experience in government acquisition or legislative affairs.
Must possess a high level of familiarity with MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel software programs.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please respond back and include the following:
• Full MS WORD Resume
• Current and required compensation
• Contact information
Upon receipt, one of our managers will contact you to discuss in full
Intermedia Group, Inc.