Job Title: Coder VI – Medicare Inpatient Coder
Location: Southern New Jersey (Jersey Shore area). Excellent place to live, about an hour away from both NYC and Philadelphia…
***PLEASE NOTE*** these are on site positions (the hospital will entertain providing relocation packages for candidates not local to NJ). There is no current opportunity for remote coding, however that potential may materialize in the coming year. For now, candidates must work on site in NJ.
Reports to: Quality Officer, Data Manager or Coding Supervisor as applicable
· Codes predominantly Medicare Inpatient records in accordance with all regulatory guidelines.
· Responsible for assigning both CPT procedure codes and ICD-9 diagnosis and procedure codes when applicable.
· Receives and reviews Inpatient reports on a daily basis (unbilled accounts, coding errors) to identify and correct accounts held for edits or missing information.
· Is responsible for reporting identified safety issues such as hazardous environments (i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and medical errors, etc.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Certified Coding Specialist Credential
· Solid Inpatient Coding experience ( 5 yrs +)
· Experience with 3M encoder
· Knowledge of clinical indicators
· Knowledge of pharmacology
· AAS or BA degrees or clinical background preferred.
· Knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT coding with INPATIENT CODING EXPERIENCE in an acute care setting preferred.
· Completion of the following courses required: Medical Terminology, Human Anatomy and Physiology and Disease Process.
· Completion of the following courses preferred: Pharmacology and Pathology.
· Knowledge of Diagnosis Related Groups (DRGs) required.
· CCS/RHIT/RHIA/LPN/RN preferred.
· Must obtain CCS within 2 years of employment.
· Successful completion of on-site personnel general orientation.
· Successful completion of department specific orientation.
· All new hires must attend Corporate Compliance coding school unless years of Inpatient coding experience is greater than 4 years.
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and organizational skills required.
· Must maintain a professional demeanor.
· Must display a proven analytical capability and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Upon receipt of this information, one of our managers will contact you to discuss the opportunity in full, clear the client name with you, discuss $$$$ and obtain your permission to present to the client manager for consideration
INTERMEDIA GROUP, INC.
Healthcare and Hospitals Staffing Division