Title: INFECTION CONTROL PRACTITIONER
Fulltime Opportunity with Major Medical Center
Location: New Jersey
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE in an ACUTE CARE FACILITY
- MUST HAVE A B.A. in NURSING or MICROBIOLOGY
- MUST BE A REGISTERED NURSE
- MUST HAVE CERTIFICATION or BE IN THE PROCESS OF SCHEDULING THE ICP TEST
SUMMARY OF JOB FUNCTIONS:
· The Infection Control Practitioner collects, analyzes, and presents data relevant to infection control/infectious diseases.
· Provides education based upon identified need of associates and in accordance with approved infection control policies and procedures.
· Develops policies and procedures regarding infection control.
· Facilitates at the Infection Control Committee and participates in other committees as assigned.
· Nurse or completed an Accredited Bachelor Degree Program
· Certification in Infection Control
· Maintains required BLS Heart Saver/Health care provider course completion status
· Successful completion of all orientation programs.
· Able to interpret and classify infections appropriately; healthcare acquired versus community acquired infections.
· Able to utilize work processing and excel software in the presentation of surveillance data.
· Able to understand significantly important organisms and investigate further as needed.
· Promotes the Infection Control principles in educational programs, policy development, and informal discussions with all members of the healthcare team.
· Able to clinically evaluate laboratory results in conducting surveillance and implementing/maintaining isolation precautions.
· Performs all other duties as assigned.
· Provides a compassionate and supportive environment with prompt and consistent service.
· Utilizes principles of continuous quality improvement in all work situations to assess, measure and improve organizational and department functions.
· Adheres to patient rights: provides for the confidential treatment of all communications and records.
· Organizes work sets priorities with a minimum of supervision and seeks guidance as appropriate.
· Demonstrates professionalism with families, visitors, Physicians, co-workers and supervisors.
· Makes decisions that are timely and consistent with department, objectives, policies and procedures.
· Listens and communicates effectively.
· Demonstrates sound judgment; accepts and benefits from constructive criticism.
· Supports teamwork by cooperative problem solving through participation in meetings.
· Participates in ongoing education as required.
· Obtains/maintains Certification in Infection Control.
· Maintains current knowledge reflected in a review of literature.
· Attends/participates in at least one infection control conference annually.
· Demonstrates knowledge of codes, and responds as appropriate.
· Responds appropriately to emergency situations.
· Documents staff/patient incidents and notifies individuals of the events.
· Utilizes and adheres to proper precautions with hazardous materials and proper waste disposal.
· Utilizes effective infection control practices, such as hand washing, glove disposal, etc.
· Maintains proper body mechanics in the performance of job duties.
· Demonstrates correct operation of equipment, troubleshoots, and reports malfunctioning/broken equipment and removes from service.
· Is knowledgeable of, adheres to and promotes the Compliance Code of Conduct.
· Demonstrates ability to troubleshoot equipment when difficulties are experienced, reports malfunctioning/broken equipment and removes from service.
If you are interested in the above position, please send me an email and include the following:
-MS Word Resume
-Current and Required Compensation
Upon receipt of this information, one of our managers will contact you to discuss the opportunity in full.
Senior Recruiter - Americas
INTERMEDIA GROUP, INC.
180 Varick Street