Intermedia Group has an opening for the following:
TITLE: Global Services Engineer – Tier 1 Help Desk (IRC)
TYPE: full time salaried employment
LOCATION: REMOTE with one day per week in Jersey City, NJ
SHIFT: Candidates will work
four 11-hour shifts every week period, which include 1 hour break time. The shifts will vary from morning, afternoon, and evening shifts every week, as well as the days of the week assigned. One Saturday or Sunday will be worked each week. The shifts are usually two or three days, followed by 2 days off.
COMPENSATION: 80K + benefits + overtime
Job Code: INTIRC35543
- The Global Service Engineer (GSE) will be a member of a Central 24x7 Remote Support team dedicated to a specific customer – this will require working four 11-hour shifts every week period, which include 1 hour break time. The shifts will vary from morning, afternoon, and evening shifts every week, as well as the days of the week assigned. One Saturday or Sunday will be worked each week. The shifts are usually two or three days, followed by 2 days off. The GSE will be responsible to respond to services calls, manage Incident and Service Request tickets, escalate Problem tickets, monitor the technical environment and perform regular checks to validate stability of systems. The goal is to ensure stable service is provided to IPC’s end users and ensure adherence to our contractual Service Level Agreement (SLAs).
- Carry out the functions of the Tier 1 Service Desk with adherence to ITIL 2011 based processes and within the timeframes associated with IPC’s SLA agreement.
- System Monitoring - Monitoring of global technology environment; taking action when alerts are received.
- Preventative maintenance – Perform regularly scheduled tasks including Health Checks, Service Validation, and Reporting
- Front-end Incident Management; with a primary focus towards restoring services with SLAs. i. Manage ticket routing to the appropriate 3rd party support teams ii. Execute break/fix instructions for IPC provided technologies iii. Gather and analyze log information associated with the incident for escalation to other Tiers.
- Front-end Service Request Management i. Coordinate service request with on-site resources ii. Remotely execute system changes to fulfill service requests. iii. Manage service request ticket lifecycle.
- Front-end Change Management process i. Coordinate change tickets and manage change control documentation with customer Change Control Board and assigned change managers. ii. Manage lifecycle of change ticket.
Ticket lifecycle support (Incidents, Changes, Service Requests) includes:
- Opening, tracking, and closing incident tickets.
- Providing timely customer facing ticket updates, depending on Severity/Priority of ticket, to meet SLAs. Call key stakeholders if necessary.
- Swivel chair ticket entry in IPC ITSM system (Remedy) where advanced IPC technical support is needed.
- Create tickets for all issues, incidents and requests received via phone call, email and chat.
- Classify incident and request severity and priority and manage tickets in accordance with Operating Level Agreements (OLAs).
Maintain Run Book documentation – update workflows and procedures on a regular basis to keep documentation current.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 1-3 years of front line technical support or related service experience.
- Must possess experience with IT Infrastructure technologies and VoIP Telephony technologies.
- Must have experience working with ITSM system, such as Remedy.
- High energy and motivated individual with prior work experience in ITIL based culture.
- Experience supporting global customers, working with a wide array of individuals from ends users to customer’s business executives. Must demonstrate interpersonal skills necessary to work within a team environment and communicate effectively across a variety of geographically dispersed resources.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and work independently
- Excellent organizational skills, written-verbal technical communication.
- Flexibility and willing to work non-standard hours on occasion to meet customer demands.
- Experience with supporting trading floors with IPC Unigy technologies is desirable.
- Experience with NICE Voice Recording, Cisco CUCM, Motorola WAVE/Twisted Pair, Oracle Acme Packets, Enghouse Proteus are a plus.
- Proven experience in process improvements and automation is a plus. 11. Demonstrate commitment to quality and customer services.
- Methodical troubleshooting skills. Wireshark experience a plus.
- SIP certification that covers VOIP path end to end, through PSTN and IP PBXs, via SBCs and proxies is desirable.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel, Word and Visio to support updating technical documentation and Run Books.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please respond back and include the following:
• Full MS WORD Resume
• Current and required compensation
• Contact information
Upon receipt, one of our managers will contact you to discuss in full
Director of Business Development
INTERMEDIA GROUP, INC.
131 Varick Street
New York, NY 10013