Our firm, Intermedia Group, Inc. has been retained by a financial industry client to aid in filling the below position:
JOB TITLE: Securities Valuation Consultant
LOCATION: Tampa, Florida
DURATION: 6 months +
· Enterprise Risk Management’s mission is to provide effective and efficient identification, measurement, monitoring and control of market, liquidity and credit risks for the firm, its members and the market place.
· ERM works in conjunction with the Board and senior management to manage these risks within defined risk tolerances.
· ERM works closely with Operational Risk Management and the Systemic Risk Office to ensure an integrated and comprehensive approach to enterprise risk management at the firm and an effective second line of defense.
· One of the main functions of the department is to protect the safety and soundness of the markets in the areas of clearance and settlement in the complex.
· Document and monitor vendor price challenges.
· Manage the implementation of new pricing models and other departmental projects.
· Develop business requirements and review functional specifications needed to support the implementation of system enhancements and new projects.
· Make timely operational decisions by securing and analyzing information from multiple sources to identify business risks and issues.
· Establish an environment that allows individuals to overcome mistakes, handle challenges and develop their own solutions.
· Ensure performance objectives are aligned to the department strategy, as well as the firm’s priorities.
· Drive continuous improvement by encouraging the sharing of ideas on how to improve systems, processes and procedures.
· Identify and align resources to accomplish tasks in an effective and efficient manner.
· 7+ years of directly related experience.
· Exposure to various trading products within fixed income, including cash and derivative instruments.
· Capital markets experience preferred.
· Experience with fixed income valuation methodologies for both cash and derivative instruments
· Superior knowledge and understanding of products cleared and settled through the complex.
· Superior analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
· Ability to perform and document independent price verification analysis.
· Ability to provide a broad-based view of issues and an understanding of their long-term impact and implications.
· Ability to work well under pressure.
· Demonstrated leadership ability in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
· Superior communication skills, both oral and written.
· Ability to build relationships and elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including management, clients, other departments, and vendors.
· Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment.
· Experience with Bloomberg and Reuters a plus.
· Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or commensurate experience.
· Master's Degree in finance, mathematics or engineering preferred.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please respond back and include the following:
• Full MS WORD Resume
• Current and required compensation
• Current contact information
Upon receipt, one of our managers will contact you to discuss the position in full detail.