Intermedia Group, Inc, has been tasked by our customer, a large Retail Chain, to aid in the staffing of the below opening.
JOB TITLE: Director of Corporate Treasury
REPORTS TO: CFO
EMPLOYER: Corporate Headquarters of a large (270 store) Retail Chain
LOCATION: Staten Island, New York **NOTE THAT THEY WILL BE PERMANENTLY MOVING THE OFFICE TO MATAWAN NJ in Jan. 2020***candidate will require a car to commute to work while the role is in S.I. (until Jan) then there is a NJ Transit train or Academy bus that gets to Matawan after January
- The Treasurer is responsible for managing the Treasury operations of the Company including cash forecasting and loan portfolio management; managing the member A/R and billing department; setting & monitoring customer credit limits and security, 401K, benefit & member capital accounting.
- Also responsible for implementing and evaluating effective internal controls to insure proper safeguarding of assets.
- Will develop and maintain relationships with members & banking partners, assist on strategic projects
- Will supervise a staff of 3.
Loan Portfolio Management (ESSENTIAL)
Credit Limits and Security (IMPORTANT)
- Work with business development team to prepare and present loan requests to credit committee
- Responsible for creating and maintaining complete and accurate loan documentation
- Set terms and monitor collection on $120M loan portfolio
Cash Management (STANDARD)
- Develops and monitors credit limits and security requirements for new and existing members
- Recommends work outs for delinquent members
- Work with outside attorneys for collection, judgments, bankruptcy, asset seizure
- Ensure security documents are complete, accurate and up to date at all times
Accounting - Benefits and Capital (STANDARD)
- Primary Company contact for day to day banking with all banks.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with regional banks and assisting in flipping loans in the portfolio to outside banks
- Manage cash across the enterprise ensuring sufficient funds are available. Initiate
- borrowing/repayments on RLOC; Interbank transfers
- Manage interest rate risk; swaps, LIBOR
- Work with investment bankers on renewal or revision or $160M debt facility
- Prepare and present quarterly bank covenant testing
- Develop and maintain cash forecasting models which are to presented weekly to executive mgmt
- Liaison among HR, G/L accounting and benefit brokers, providers, and auditors to insure timely, accurate reporting and recording of all activity and compliance with applicable laws and communication requirements (retirement + Health & welfare) -maintain capital ledger by member. Insure adequacy of deposits semi-annually.
- Responsible for calculation of excess capital, capital pledges & notes.
- Manage Member A/R department: Collection, cash application, billing, weekly statements
- Oversees, assists, and participates in year-end audit by external accounting firm; develops close relationships with external auditors, tax consultants, and other professional service firms
- Develops strong working relationships with current and prospective members.
- Assists CFO with all strategic planning, development of target store proforma financial statements, and pursuit of possible large-scale acquisitions
- Provide reports to CFO and senior leadership (and/or board members) which explain results and identify trends. Fulfill ad hoc requests for analysis regarding specific questions.
- Communicate proactively with CFO and the Executive Management Team regarding significant changes/events that might materially affect the financial and cash position of the Company.
- Ensure optimal staffing (training, hire, terminate, promote, reassign) for the treasury department. Mentor, coach and counsel staff. Set goals and objectives, measure performance, report to executive management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance;
- MBA or CPA preferred
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 7- 10 years’ experience in Treasury Operations, some banking experience preferred
- Strong analytical, modeling and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient with Excel and Power Point
- SAP background preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Must be a team player
- Ability to multitask in a high paced and high volume environment
- Experience producing, presenting and explaining Financial results and positing to functional heads
- Experience negotiating credit terms, benefits, bank loans.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please respond back and include the following:
- MS WORD Resume
- Required compensation
- Contact information
Upon receipt, one of our managers will contact you to discuss the position in full detail.
Intermedia Group, Inc
Mervin Hernandez | Recruiter
Intermedia Group Inc. | New York, NY
Main: (212) 248-0100