Intermedia Group has the following staff opening:
JOB TITLE: Budget Specialist for USAF AQS, Space Directorate
LOCATION: PENTAGON **This position is currently telework eligible due to COVID, with in person meetings happening infrequently. When the Pentagon re-opens fully, this position will be 100% onsite.
INTERMEDIA is currently staffing for an Budget Specialist
in the Space Program Directorate (AQS). This position supports the Secretary of the Air Force Headquarters on the Staffing and Technical Acquisition Services Support (STAQSS)
The tasks for this position include:
- Supporting Headquarters Air Force (HAF) budget preparation and defense, SAE oversight and decision-making activities, PEO program execution and oversight efforts of space systems.
- Maintaining and analyzing planning, scheduling, and management data.
- Studying, analyzing, and providing recommendations on requirements, space acquisition strategies, program documentation, program phase transition plans, supplemental information, and program execution.
- Providing honest broker assessments of space programs approaching milestone decisions and of prime contractor technical and operational issues.
- Researching and analyzing program trends, identifying issues, and recommending solutions.
- Making recommendations on the allocation of funding, establishment of program goals, objectives, and schedules, and the formulation of program direction.
- Tracking for compliance with stated program direction and identify issues.
- Identifying and researching programmatic issues and tradeoffs in terms of required capabilities, costs, and schedules.
- Reviewing and providing recommendations on existing and proposed Air Force space acquisition and capability area policies and implementation.
- Reviewing and evaluating the impact of national, DOD, JCS, and civil government policies and activities that affect Air Force acquisition programs and capability areas.
- Maintaining historical Air Force space program documentation and developing summary documents/briefings and training material.
- Providing short notice, quick-reaction analyses of critical programmatic issues in the context of Congressional, OSD Staff, Joint Staff, HQ USAF, Major Air Command (MAJCOM), coalition, and international activities.
- Preparing PPBE documentation to ensure they accurately articulate the current program requirements using IDECS database.
- Monitoring and reporting Program Obligations and Expenditures using CRIS database.
- Monitoring and reporting program spend plans and status using Executive CCARS database.
- Monitoring and reporting Available and Planned Program Funding using ABIDES database.
- Supporting the HAF review process - Air Force Requirements Oversight Council (AFROCs), Joint Warfighting Capabilities Assessment (JWCAs), Defense Acquisition Boards (DABs), Congressional cycle, Acquisition Strategy Panels (ASPs), Air Force Review Board (AFRBs), Configuration Steering Board (CSB), Government Accountability Office (GAO) reports,
- Performing the Secretariat function for ASPs, AFRBs, and CSBs.
- Reviewing and documenting Mandatory Declassification Review (MDR) and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
- Reviewing capability area analysis and comparing current and programmed capabilities/scenarios to determine and clarify Air Force space system acquisition requirements.
- Monitoring on-going studies, analyses, and developmental work relevant to space systems.
- Supporting program-specific efforts like Concept of Operations (CONOPS) development, Capability Development Documents (CDD), Capability Production Documents (CPD), Information Exchange Requirements (IER), and requirements working groups.
- Any other tasks closely associated with the performance of duties listed above and as coordinated with the COR.
- Active Top Secret clearance, SCI eligibility
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with DoD acquisitions.
- Intimate knowledge of operational space experience.
- Strong familiarity with DoD budget cycle.
- Strong familiarity with the following software programs: IDECS, ABIDES, Executive CCaRs, CRIS, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Masters Degree in a Business or Engineering discipline.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please respond back and include the following:
• Full MS WORD Resume
• Current and required compensation
• Contact information
Upon receipt, one of our managers will contact you to discuss in full
Intermedia Group, Inc.