INTERMEDIA GROUP, INC. has the following opening:
JOB TITLE: Commercial Letter of Credit Operations (Trade Finance a plus)
LOCATION: Jersey City, NJ
DURATION: 3-6 Months
- The incumbent is responsible for processing transactions related to Commercial Letters of Credit/Supply Chain/Bank to Bank Reimbursements/Collections, which includes:
- US compliance regulation checks/data entry; and
- acceptances/payments, Reimbursement Authorizations/claims.
- To assist the Section in achieving its planned objectives, the incumbent is assigned to the following Functions:
- LC Documents Registration/ Reimbursement Authorization Set-ups
- Transaction Processing,
- Transaction Control, and
Document Registration/Reimbursement Authorization Set up:
- Register incoming Letter of Credit documents/claims and reconcile against mailroom log the same day and reconcile against the Infopac reports on the following day.
- Prepare cover letters to out- going shipping documents and ensuring all endorsements are done, and reconciled against courier log.
- Register and reconcile all incoming reimbursement authorizations and claims received from Mail Room and proper data entries are made in the System.
- Perform compliance checks for OFAC, EAR, Anti-boycott, BSA AML and JFEL (Japanese Foreign Exchange Laws) /Redflags/vessels/shipping lines/ports/country violations relating to trade finance documents/claims/transactions.
- Prepare cables to issuing or negotiation bank;
- requesting a waiver for discrepancies, or
- notifying status of discrepant documents. or
- Reimbursement claim processing/ investigations.
Perform required follow-up activities; ensuring identified issues are resolved within prescribed timeframes.
Prepare cover letters for the documents as required.
- Contact the customers, obtaining the necessary instruction for pending discrepant documents. Provide the supervisor or account officers with the status of long pending items.
- Respond to inquiries received from customers/Relationship Managers and issuing/negotiating banks regarding pending documents/transactions. Ensure timely responses and follow-ups are done.
- 1-2 years of LC/Trade Finnce experience, good PC Skills.
- Knowledge of Import and Export, Compliance and or International Trade operations is a plus
- High school graduate or Equivalent is required
- Some College level courses or degree is preferred.
- Any training or certificates of completion of Compliance training or experience in US compliance regulations is preferred and considered a plus
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please respond back and include the following:
• Full MS WORD Resume
• Current and required compensation
• Current contact information
Upon receipt, one of our managers will contact you to discuss the position in full detail.