Intermedia Group has been asked by our client to fill the following position in JERSEY CITY:
Title: Associate / Business Analyst - derivatives and fixed income
Group & Department: Middle Office Group/Market Control Department
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Client: Major Bank
Type: Permanent Salaried Position with the Bank
Salary: target is 90-105K
Overall Purpose of Job:
· The primary function of a business analyst is to act as a liaison between the business stakeholders and the technology designers and developers.
· Business analyst will require the ability to balance the needs of the business with the needs of technology at the same time maintain emphasis on operational controls, identify workflow gaps and procedure writing.
· Possess the ability to analyze the current issues from all sides and work to provide a solution that satisfies the needs of all.
· The business analyst is expected to have fundamental understanding of the underlying working principle of a financial institution with strong global fixed income product knowledge and its life cycle events.
· In addition, a business analyst should have exceptional written and oral communication abilities, information gathering skills, an understanding of management issues, and should exhibit leadership and initiative.
· Business analysts should be able to provide a comprehensive picture, derived from a variety of individual perspectives and be able to organize the pieces into a whole that is efficient, controlled and productive.
· Microsoft Office Suites knowledge, Access, VBA, V-look up, Pivot tables, Macros
Typical tasks are:
· Analyzing and documenting complex business problems and working with all parties involved to provide realistic, workable solutions which promote business and technical efficiencies
· Understanding the business needs in consultation with both management and end users
· Assessing how new systems and processes can be implemented to solve user and technology requirements, including designing streamlined workflows and data flows
· Identifying the source of business problems and proposing solutions that positively impact multiple areas
· Formulating and defining the objectives and scope of technology solutions
· Data gathering and analysis through interviews, industry publications, and courses
· Providing proactive support for regulatory, compliance and industry changes
· Making recommendations on changes to support business goals
· Writing procedures
· Creating process workflow, product workflow and diagrams
· Assisting in creating internal tools for efficient process workflow
Product and Business Coverage:
The Markets area covers a broad range of products and systems. Some types of products overlap, but all have their particular nuances and requirements for trading, risk, settlement, accounting and Pnl reporting.
· Foreign Exchange
· Money Market
Listed and OTC’s
Rates and Credits
· Securities: Fixed Income Products
· CLO’s and ABS
· 5 – 10 years Business Analyst experience
· Knowledge of Accounting & Asset Value Fund Business
· Strong knowledge of derivatives and fixed income products
· Strong technical skills
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Access, V look-ups, VBA, Pivot tables, VBA
· College graduate
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please respond back and include the following:
• Full MS WORD Resume
• Current and required compensation
• Current contact information
Upon receipt, one of our managers will contact you to discuss the position in full detail