Intermedia Group has been asked by our client to fill the following position in Jersey City, NJ
TITLE: Specialist - ODA/Money Transfer Department/Deposit Services Unit/Check Processing
LOCATION: JERSEY CITY, NJ
TYPE: PERMANENT SALARIED Position with this major bank
SALARY RANGE: $47,000 - $53,000
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
· To assist the section in fulfilling its objectives, the Incumbent’s functions, ‘in order of importance’, include:
· Timely and accurate POD & In-clearing Processing
· Daily, Weekly and monthly customer statements and advices Processing
· Timely and accurate customer Mail Deposits processing
· Check Verification of all checks over $25K
· Management Reporting
· Workflow Management and
· Quality Control. The incumbent is also required to participate in all scheduled required UAT testing related to Check 21 project upgrades and their implementation.
POD & In-clearing Processing
· Pull In-clearing files for all branches from the FED and fix repairs for proof and submission to systems department for posting to Systematics.
· Scan checks received for deposit thru Vision IP for NY Branch
· Coordinate and reconcile all NYB, Chicago and LA Branches POD files for transmission to the FED via Vision IP Axway.
Statement / Advice Processing
· Build Recon Database, Create Statement PDF for transmission to FSSI.
· Create PanAm CMS Statement PDF and CMS Billing PDF
· Daily reconciliation of advices transmitted to FSSI
· Monthly printing, folding and mailing of Customer Account Analysis (CAA) statements
· Process daily mail deposits, ensuring all processing requirements are satisfactory fulfilled, (e.g., verifying account name and number correspond).
· Coordinate with branches in the resolution of identified discrepancies. Track and ensures inquires are resolved within prescribed time frames.
· Maintain Log used to track accounts that do not have preprinted deposit slips.
Antinori (Fraud Detection)
· Review and Analyze checks presented for payment reflected on ASI report for Suspicion of Fraud.
· Refer suspect checks to Front Office for disposition.
· Track and ensure referred items are resolved within prescribed time frames.
· Download and print Deposit Returns PDF from the Fed.
· Notify Front Office of Deposit Returns for Disposition.
· Settle Deposit Returns via MDDV transaction between Customer’s account and Fed.
On Us Returns
· Obtain instructions from Front Office of referred Check Verification/Antinori Check Suspects to be returned to the BOFD thru Fed.
· Create Cash Letter for Transmission to the Fed via Axway.
· Settle On-Us Returns via MDDV Transaction between Customer’s account and Fed.
· Notify the Bank of First Deposit thru EARNS Notification for checks $2,500.00 and greater.
· Perform the signature verification process, ensuring that: (a) signatures match the Bank’s signature verification file and (b) identified discrepancies are resolved and reported – in accordance with established procedures.
· Conduct the ‘check review process’ identifying and promptly reporting discrepancies related to: (a) numerical and written dollar amounts; (b) encoded bar; (c) endorsements and (d) “stale dates”.
· Prepare required statistical reports, providing Management with data necessary for (a) evaluating productivity, efficiency and quality, and (b) implementing revised and/or new practices for correcting identified problems (c) Transfer Pricing.
· Identify, report, and resolve identified discrepancies – in accordance with established procedures.
· Identify process and procedural related issues that may encumber efficiency; implement and monitor cost-effective ‘action plans’ designed to resolve said issues.
· Respond to Mail Deposit inquiries, ensuring timely resolution of reported issues.
· Foster and maintain emphasis on our “Power of Teamwork” - BEST ongoing initiative. Document accomplishments.
· Minimum 3-5 years back office operations experience.
· Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
· Strong Accounting Skills.
· Knowledge of Check 21 Vision IP Processing
· High School Diploma
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please respond back and include the following:
• Full MS WORD Resume
• Current and required compensation
• Current contact information
Upon receipt, one of our managers will contact you to discuss the position in full detail.