Intermedia Group has an opening for the following Consultant:
JOB TITLE: Senior Payroll Tax Analyst
LOCATION: Monterey Park, CA
TYPE: Contract (potential contract-to-hire)
CLIENT: Fortune 500 Bank
DURATION: 1 year
- Reporting to the VP, Payroll Tax & Accounting Manager performs moderately complex Payroll Tax & Accounting functions. Responsibilities also include the development of system tools to assist in management reporting and presentations.
Responsible for creating software templates/presentations and statistical data for management ad hoc reporting and validation of payroll deposits and tax data. Creates queries using Access or Excel to audit/reconcile tax between source system and vendor. Creates the necessary macros to link data for presentation materials and analysis.
Responsible for the day to day operations of the payroll tax and accounting functions consisting of balancing periodic integrations, reconciling vendor invoice and identifying new taxing jurisdictions. Works with ADP, State and Federal tax agencies on tracers, notices, liens and other tax account issues. Supports the GL analyst in various payroll accounting activities such as the General Ledger reconciliation and payroll trend analysis. Responsible for work and resident location tax audits. Primary liaison with tax vendor, ADP. Utilizes and maintains the ADP tax portal, supporting reporting & access for the payroll department. Supports weekly tax updates and semi-annual upgrades of the payroll tax system. Performs other tasks/process as assigned due to acquisitions or other special projects.
Responsible for providing quality customer service by answering calls and working cooperatively and jointly with Payroll team to respond to requests from Internal Audit and other business areas. Builds and fosters customer relationships with key business partners.
- Minimum of 5-7 years payroll tax & accounting and audit experience within a large multistate company with direct work experience and an advanced skillset using Word, Excel and Access for statistical reporting, presentation materials and creating software templates.
- Solid understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete high priority projects and activities with time sensitive deadlines
- Organize and write procedures in a logical/methodical manner
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please respond back and include the following
Upon receipt, one of our managers will contact you to discuss in full
- Full MS WORD Resume
- Current and required compensation
- Current contact information
Intermedia Group, Inc. | 212 248-0100