Intermedia Group has the following opening:
TITLE: IT RISK and CONTROL ADVISOR - Internal Audit
LOCATION: New York City (Wall Street Area)
- Internal Audit supports the Boards of Directors in their oversight of the governance, risk and control framework, and will achieve and maintain the highest level of professional standards, while furthering the development of our employees.
Strategic Control Impact
- The Risk & Control Advisor (RCA) is predominantly focused on audit projects, participating in planning, driving fieldwork, and assisting with report clearance for the firms Global Trade Repository business.
- The Risk & Control Advisor’s primary measure of success is identifying meaningful potential issues about the design and effectiveness of controls, and creating reliable documentation to support his or her work.
- The Risk & Control Advisor must manage a number of auditee relationships, be a good team player, and take accountability for his or her personal growth and professional development.
- This role will focus primarily on technology controls (Application, Infrastructure and Information Security) within audits covering all regulatory (e.g., CFTC, ESMA, JFSA, ASIC, MAS) and business requirements of the firms Global Trade Repository business.
- The IT Risk & Control Advisor will also work closely with members of the Application, IT Infrastructure and Technology Risk Management audit teams.
- The incumbent for this particular IT Risk Control Advisor position will benefit from having experience identifying, assessing and advising on risks for large-scale technology projects and completing pre-implementation reviews.
- In this role, the incumbent will validate that critical risks are mitigated; new systems meet business requirements, and communicate findings to management before an information technology solution is implemented.
- Identify meaningful issues from audit fieldwork
- Work closely with auditees to achieve timely progress on agreed action plans
- Build advisory relationships with middle managers outside the context of IAD’s routine audits
- Adhere to departmental risk policies, procedures and best practices
- Identify opportunities for improving existing processes or creating new ones that more effectively
- anticipate, manage and reduce risk to the firm and its participants
- Maintain awareness of regulatory issues and comply with regulatory requirements
- Consistently demonstrate an ability to complete risk-focused fieldwork on time and on budget, notifying the audit manager promptly of any possible impediments to success or when budgets might be exceeded
- Fully resolve review notes and apply learning from those review notes to future projects
- Lead projects from time to time as experience grows
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of IAD’s policies and procedures—particularly work paper documentation standards
Individual & Team Development
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to teamwork, helping peers wherever possible
- Identify and seize opportunities to grow skills, talents, and knowledge about audit planning, reporting, and the products and functions he or she audits
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience preferred in identifying, assessing and advising on risks for technology projects, systems architecture and completing pre and post implementation reviews.
- Internal or external audit experience is helpful but not required.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and in teams
- A high degree of responsibility in balancing multiple commitments and meeting aggressive deadlines and commitments to stakeholders
- Knowledge of information security controls to mitigate cyber threats and vulnerabilities of data bases, applications and infrastructure
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please respond back and include the following
• Full MS WORD Resume
• Current and required compensation
• Current contact information
Upon receipt, one of our managers will contact you to discuss in full
INTERMEDIA GROUP, INC.
180 Varick Street
New York, NY 10014
Corporate Web Site: www.intermediagroup.com
OPEN JOB LIST: http://intermediagroup.com/jobs