Intermedia Group has an opening for the following Consultant:
TITLE: Operational Risk Manager
LOCATION: Los Angeles Area (candidate can choose any of 3 locations: Woodland Hills, Irvine or Glendale)
- The Operational Risk Manager (ORM) will be responsible for supporting the Business Unit Risk Manager (BURM), specifically, for a large scale transformation initiative as well as BAU RCSA.
- The scope and objective of this initiative is to evaluate all core deposit banking systems and recommend an overall best-of-breed deposit platform. RCSA work will encompass the same scope on within current processes and platforms.
- The ORM will represent the BURM on the project and drive activities within the operational risk management framework including ownership of certain risk identification, issue remediation, testing, monitoring, and reporting functions.
- The ORM will also develop and streamline opportunities to improve standards and processes while providing training and recommendations on identified gaps.
- Serves as liaison with Internal Audit of the Americas, Compliance and the Business Units in consultation with the BURM. Assists in challenging remediation plans, monitoring issue resolution and closure, and collaborating on escalated issues. Includes communication of control gaps as emerging risks.
- Partners on the development of risk management strategies that drive identification, quantification and mitigation of risk within the business.
- Coordinates with business partners in reviewing risks evolving from the project to ensure that operational risks are recognized, mitigated, reported and/or accepted.
- Identifies risk trends and/or symptoms of process control breakdowns. Keeps the BURM apprised of changes in inherent risk or control breakdowns/deficiencies that could impact residual risk.
- Develops and streamlines opportunities to improve standards and processes within the team focusing on performance that constantly strives to create efficiency, integrate duplicative processes, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Ensures accurate and timely production of data analytics in support of risk assessments and reporting.
- Aggregates periodic risk reporting to senior management including analysis of root cause and trends.
- Drive the design, development, and regular refresh of reference materials for all significant processes within scope.
- Performs regular quality assurance activities on the project.
- 8+ years’ experience in operational risk management within a financial institution.
- BA or BS degree.
- Risk Control Self-Assessment Background
- Strong understanding of operational risk management techniques, including development of process flows, identification and assessment of risks and controls, testing and monitoring procedures, and development of related metrics.
- Ability to analyze risk trends, identifying signs of changing risk levels.
- Ability to establish governance protocols for oversight, monitoring, escalation for new and existing processes that are not formalized.
- Ability to design and test controls
- Excellent skills in risk assessment analysis and a solid understanding of business and financial markets.
- Ability to operate effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced organization, with attention to detail and accuracy while keeping multiple initiatives progressing at once.
- Ability to use sound judgment to resolve issues and facilitate progress against objectives.
- Ability to build relationships with people at all levels.
- Strong management and employee development skills.
- Ability to present and interact with all levels of management including executive leadership.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please respond back and include the following:
• Full MS WORD Resume
• Current and required compensation
• Contact information
Upon receipt, one of our managers will contact you to discuss in full
Intermedia Group, Inc.